Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Everyday is Halloween

"Well I let their teeny minds think
that they're dealing with someone who is over the brink
and I dress this way just to keep them at bay
cos halloween is everyday it's everyday"

Al Jourgensen (1985)

Right before Halloween I thought to myself "So when did Halloween become a multi-day, multi-week holiday? Fuck--this shit never ends."

Here's the low-down on Halloween once you have kids:

1. Decorations.
2. Candy purchasing.
3. Costumes.
4. More decorations.
5. Kiddie parties and drunk parents (come on it's a kid's party!)
6. School Fall Festival.
7. Pumpkin carving parties.
8. Finally---candy grab.
9. Oh yea, providing candy for candy grab... for several hours.

On Halloween night, I thought to myself "What a pain is the ass."

Then...while trick or treating with the kids "This is so cool. The kids love this. I'm going to miss this when they're grown. If they only understood how I feel right now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home