Monday, February 26, 2007

Waking up to Wayne

They say that life can be routine, and though I generally eschew this addage, I like most, live a rather routine life; made more routine by raising two children who demand routininess. So, after my alarm went off at 6:10, I turned on Morning Edition, fell back to sleep (routine) for 35 minutes (rountine), and awoke to the segment "This, I believe." This is one of my favorite things to listen to on Monday mornings; particularly given the gloom and doom usually served up during Morning Edition (routine). "This, I believe" blends from both the known and unknown insghtful commantary about our raison d'etre and our pursuits of our existence; simply, our humaness. These commantaries remind me of why I go to a kooky Unitarian church, and why I'm comfortable telling my friends that I love them and I mean it. And today, like other Mondays, I listened intently to "This, I believe" with commantary from Wayne Coyne. And, on this Monday, his words seemed to capture what I need to do more of than anything else in my life. I think he was speaking directly to me, pleading with me to heed the advice from my wife; a women whose profundity rivals any Buddhist monk.

To read (or hear Wayne Coyne)
Click Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home